We actively maintain this list of links to other affiliated organizations to help serve you better.
- Franklin County Public Saftey (FCPS) is dedicated to providing Emergency Services, including, but not limited to, Fire, EMS, Animal Control and Emergency Management that are delivered in a timely and efficient manner by well-trained, dedicated career and volunteer professionals.
- The Franklin County Sheriff (FCS) protects the peaceful against the violent, upholds the constitutional safeguards afforded to all, and promotes an impartial and efficient organization for everyone regardless of race, age or gender while working with the people of Franklin County to secure a safe and just future... One person, one neighborhood, and one community at a time.
- The Virginia State Police (VSP) is an organization dedicated to the preservation of human life and property by aiding those in danger or distress, striving to make the US and State of VA a safer place in which to live.
- The Virginia Department of Game & Inland Fisheries (VDGIF) will conserve and manage wildlife populations and habitat for the benefit of present and future generations; connects people to Virginia’s outdoors through boating, education, fishing, hunting, trapping, wildlife viewing, and other wildlife-related activities; protect people and property by promoting safe outdoor experiences and managing human-wildlife conflicts.
- Virginia Dept of Forestry (VDF) protects and develops healthy, sustainable forest resources for Virginians. We encourage everyone to know the Outdoor Fire Laws before burning.
- The SML Regional Chamber of Commerce (SML RCC) is dedicated to promoting tourism and growing business for its members and the community in Franklin County, VA.
- Organized in 1972, Burnt Chimney Fire EMS (BCVFD) proudly serves the citizens of Franklin County Virginia. Their primary response area is 84 square miles and they are second due to 6 mutual aid departments.
- The Roanoke Fire-EMS aims to foster a diverse, inclusive and innovative workforce that proudly serves the residents, citizens and visitors of Roanoke by protecting lives and property with professionalism, integrity and respect.
- Bedford Fire provides services, including 24 hour emergency care, to the local community of approximately 60,000 residents.
- Founded in 1981 as the first air medical service in Virginia, Carilion Life-Guard 10 operates three Airbus EC-135 air medical helicopters covering over 15,000 square miles, and responding to requests throughout Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina, Tennessee and Kentucky.
- Providing the highest level of emergency service possible, treating all people with compassion, dignity, respect and tolerance, the services of SML Marine Fire & Rescue (SMLMVF/R) include, but are not limited to, fire prevention and suppression, and water safety activities.
- Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital (CRMH) is a health care leader in innovative, collaborative care among physicians, nurses and other providers, leading to better clinical quality and safety throughout the patient journey.
- Carilion Franklin Memorial Hospital (CFMH) provides a full range of top-quality inpatient and outpatient care for residents from Boones Mill, Wirtz, Hardy and Smith Mountain Lake. Their facility includes an inpatient hospital and medical offices for acute and specialty care.
- With a goal to be the most trusted and respected healthcare system in Western Virginia, Lewis-Gale Medical Center's (L-GMC) health system has grown to include 4 hospitals, 2 cancer centers, 6 outpatient centers, and 700 affiliated physicians. Their expansive network stretches from the Alleghany Highlands and Rockbridge County to the Roanoke and New River Valleys.
- Centra Bedford Memorial Hospital (CBMH) manages this 50-bed hospital that also has 110 long term care and skilled beds in its Oakwood Health and Rehabilitation Center. The hospital offers excellence in surgical care and outpatient services. The facility provides services, including 24 hour emergency care to the local community of approximately 60,000 residents.
- Veterans Hospital (VHA) strives to continue to be the benchmark of excellence and value in health care and benefits by providing exemplary services that are both patient centered and evidence based.
- The National September 11 Memorial is a tribute of remembrance and honor to the nearly 3,000 people killed in the terror attacks of September 11, 2001 at the World Trade Center site, near Shanksville, Pa., and at the Pentagon, as well as the six people killed in the World Trade Center bombing in February 1993.
- The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) publishes more than 300 consensus codes and standards intended to minimize the possibility and effects of fire and other risks. NFPA codes and standards, administered by more than 250 Technical Committees comprising approximately 8,000 volunteers, are adopted and used throughout the world.